Aller au contenu
Nicolas Caplat

C'est le moment de l'essayer !!

17 minutes ago, Daniel Schmidt said:

There is only one type of install via cebas product manager (Nicolas confuses this with psd-manager 3). On your DR slaves you need no license and don't need to install the license server. Just install the plugin via cebas product manager - done. You can use them for network rendering via Backburner or as V-Ray DR slave, Corona DR slave. No license is required - only the plugin needs to be installed.

The message "License for this application/version not found, please request license" just means that the plugin connected successfully to a license server - however there was no psd-manager license available. Maybe you installed an additional license server also on the slave - this is not needed.

Thanks Daniel - I was indeed mixing things with v3 !

We always use our render farm for our daily production needs and PSDM is not installed yet on it. So it has not been really tested so far  :/

I have to ask our IT administrator to install it on the render nodes and then we'll see how it's going.

I already spread the word inside the company though and didn't get any particular feedback on it.

I'll keep you updated.

Hi,

Unfortunately artists don't seem interested with the plugin, at least here in Melbourne although I've spread the word in all the company :-( I've asked them if they would be keen to try it but the answer was no. Except for one of them but I'm not sure we're going to buy it only for one person. They already have their own workflow and don't see what they have to gain by using it. Habits die hard.

23 hours ago, TChadail said:

Hi,

Unfortunately artists don't seem interested with the plugin, at least here in Melbourne although I've spread the word in all the company :-( I've asked them if they would be keen to try it but the answer was no. Except for one of them but I'm not sure we're going to buy it only for one person. They already have their own workflow and don't see what they have to gain by using it. Habits die hard.

What about - I just give this artist a 1-year license to use it in production. Maybe the coworkers will have a look over his shoulder or give it a try at some point (its a floating license). New features will also arrive in this time-frame.

There are a lot of small things like filtering out Denoiser Elements, being able to use V-Ray + Batch Render, V-ray Color Corrections as Adjustment Layer, just entering "1-100" as Object-IDs you want and only those that are used in the scene will be in the file. Saving RAM when using psd-manager Mattes compared to Multi-Mattes. Not having to go to the Channels Tab to load a MultiMatte selection in Photoshop. So lots of small things that are not obvious from the website and 5 minutes using a trial.

Daniel

7 hours ago, Daniel Schmidt said:

What about - I just give this artist a 1-year license to use it in production. Maybe the coworkers will have a look over his shoulder or give it a try at some point (its a floating license). New features will also arrive in this time-frame.

There are a lot of small things like filtering out Denoiser Elements, being able to use V-Ray + Batch Render, V-ray Color Corrections as Adjustment Layer, just entering "1-100" as Object-IDs you want and only those that are used in the scene will be in the file. Saving RAM when using psd-manager Mattes compared to Multi-Mattes. Not having to go to the Channels Tab to load a MultiMatte selection in Photoshop. So lots of small things that are not obvious from the website and 5 minutes using a trial.

Daniel

Thank you Daniel. Much appreciated. Looking forward to testing it :)