Aller au contenu
losbellos

make it live

and that was really nice!

there's a far corner in the right of your image, that is fading in a way that distracts a bit, but apart from that..it's tasty. The whole image doesn't look GI'less.

Could You point a bit 'bout Your technique. Are You using and AO pass to trick the eye? any break down? =)

amazing stuff so far.

keep goin'

tom

Hej, Yes, I am using AO pass as well. The technik is basically two point light setup. One directional light with area shadow and some other ambient only lights with sepcific far attentuation for the GI effect. If I wasnt using AO, then I would have to create some other lights for shadowing.

There is smoke behind and above the building to simulate the old trains "smoking". This smoke creates that strange looking banding on right. There will be people there and some more "excitment" that it will look more interesting, and hopefully the banding could be a valuable part of the "play".

what about rendertimes versus Your hardware you get on this type of 'performance'.

I just assume it's more difficult to act like this, rather than to point a light and push render for GI calculation, but on the long run You have much more flexibility. Hopefully You'll manage to turn it to a favour of Yours and finish this contest with great piece of art =)

Realy interesting stuff!

tom

Rendertime is 6 minutes at this resolution. The smoke calculation takes most of it I guess. In rendertime, traditional lighting even with AO is unbeatable. The Hardware is phenom II AMD 905e running on 3.3ghz. One of the best buy I ever got, it low power consuming and fast enough. However tommorow I will have a new 6 core beast, the Phenom II 1090T, then rendertime will become around 3 minutes. :)

The technique is very simple, but it is true the setup usually takes more time, but it is also much more flexible. I am big fun of GI but it is still very slow.

rendertimes are really tempting, to say at least =)

once i've seen a guy that was working on this kind of pipe with interior stuff. I could not imagine how he get 1600x1200 in few minutes it was crazy, then someone in evermotion appered.. =) afterwards for quite some time i haven't heard 'bout that ..till now. thanks for reminding some good stuff =)

i'll keep an eye on You here. Best luck!

tom

I would consider to incorparate slight dof (for those shrubs in front to be straight open). It would give You more depth. It looks old type photography, but You don't have any flaws of that.. I mean simle Vigneting would give You bit more efffect on that BnW photography.

Plust vertical shift is anoing, but maybe jsut for me =) Tilt shift lenses were on the market at that time.

Keep up =)